April. Did you know that the extremely popular minor cosmetic surgery called Botox turned 14 in this month? That’s right. 24 years ago, scientists first suggested that the bacterial toxin botulinum could be used to eliminate the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
However, it wasn’t until 2000 that the US regulatory authority, the FDA, approved the use of Botox to treat neck and shoulder spasms.Two years later, in 2002, Botox was officially approved by the FDA for clinical/cosmetic use.
Heneways…here are some interesting April reads for you. As usual, links are in the text.
- Early in the month, makeup guru Lisa Eldridge posted some great lip tips and also brought us an Adele makeup tutorial. Woot!
- Could the CIA start collecting DNA through your skin care? I wouldn’t be surprised after reading this article.
- Top British Beauty Blogger Jane Cunningham educated us on a controversial topic in the world of cosmetics, animal testing, after visiting the L’Oreal Labs in Paris.
- You know I love it when beauty and technology make life easy. I stumbled upon this 2015 article explaining four ways that technology is changing beauty.
- I love coconut oil. It’s a staple in my body, face and hair routines all year round. This article by Futurederm on why coconut oil is not antibacterial was quite the eye opener.
- I added to my podcast list thanks to this great article on Racked about the 5 Beauty Podcasts to download.
- I’ve been wanting to try micellar water for a while now. Then this post on Truth in Aging made me rethink that decision. It definitely makes me hesitant to try micellar water.
- I love experimenting with my hair, changing the cut and color whenever possible. I came across this article on Allure about the emotional stages of making a hair change. Can you relate?
- Speaking of hair, Dove launched the #LoveYourHair campaign this month. I love the concept. Embrace your hair, whether it’s relaxed, natural, pink or gray. Don’t let anyone use their condescending tone to say what works best for you.
- If you need some fragrance inspiration, this is the post for you! Check out ‘Ten Fragrance in Ten Minutes‘ on Bois de Jasmin.
And there you have it. What interesting beauty reads did you come across this month? Let me know in the comments below.