I love a multi-tasker in my skin care. That is exactly what the modern day tinted lip balm is. A dreamy, creamy formulation that moisturizes, has SPF, antioxidants and comes in so many gorgeous shades, all while looking pretty in its packaging. That, my dears, is an absolute beauty essential.
Since it is El Nino season, I thought a list of my favorite tinted lip balms, would help you beauties keep ‘the chap‘ away and stay with hydrated, soft lips!
My Current Favorite Tinted Lip Balms for Darker Skin Tones
- Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Strawberry. You never forget your first. This was my very first foray into the world of tinted lip balm and what an amazing introduction it was! It glides on the lips leaving a gorgeous strawberry red shimmer, delicious fruity scent and undeniable moisturization.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Strike A Rose. When Maybelline Kenya launched, this was the first product I purchased. The cool packaging alone is enough to make you grab one (or three, ahem!) It’s sheer pink, almost hot pink coral and delivers a long lasting moisture punch to your lips.
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus. This 100% natural lip balm conditions your lips and makes sure they sit pretty in this flattering shade. Grab the Rose and Red Dahlia shades while you’re at it.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Plum. No, you aren’t sensing a pattern, but what can I say? Burt’s Bees is the bee’s knees! This berry shade is really pretty! The shimmery shade immediately brings thoughts of fruity kisses.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Curviest Caramel. I think Clinique started the whole chubby stick revolution and this flattering dusky rose shade is testament to their ability to stand out from the crowd.
- Lanolips Lip Ointment with Color SPF 15 in Dark Honey, Apples, Rose, Rhubarb and Sunshine. As you can see, aallll the shades suit dark skin tones. I can’t select a favorite. You can’t go wrong with any of these rich, super hydrating lip balms.
What are some of your favorite tinted lip balms? I’d love to know – it’s time to expand my go-tos!