I absolutely love feeling pampered, don’t you? After a long day, something as simple as a great shower is enough to make me feel like I can take on the world…and win. I have so many shower goodies sometimes I lose count. This is one of my favorite body treats and being able to quickly make it with readily available ingredients is a much appreciated bonus! Another bonus is that even with my dry skin, there is no need to moisturize after stepping out of the shower. After a quick shower, just scrub, rinse and step out of the shower! Done and done.
Here is the recipe for a scrub that smells good enough to eat. You can use it on your body and feet!
DIY Luxury Body Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Vitamin E oil (optional)
- A few drops of your preferred essential or fragrance oil (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and store in an air tight jar.
- Use 1 tablespoon as needed in the shower. Scrub skin with the mixture and rinse well.
While this recipe has no water, it will be exposed to the steam in the shower and since it has no preservative, I would advise using it as quickly as possible. Nobody likes mold in a skincare product. Nobody.
Ever made your own sugar scrub? What is your favorite combination? Let me know below!