Mention chocolate and I will listen closely. A discovery of chocolate themed spa treatments led to a search for chocolate facials that did not disappoint. I researched the science behind chocolate facial masks and learned they not only
(taste) smell good, they actually make a great weekly addition to your skin care! The ingredients in this chocolate facial mask will leave your face smooth and moisturized.
Honey moisturizes the skin and has anti-bacterial and anti inflammatory effects.
Oatmeal alleviates itching and irritation and gently exfoliates skin.
Chocolate is full of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect against UV damage which leads to premature aging.
Milk has lactic acid, an AHA which gently exfoliates skin leaving it smoother and firmer.
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon of oatmeal, ground to a fine powder
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- A few drops of water (if needed)
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply over a cleansed face and neck.
- After 20 minutes, wash off well with warm water, pat dry, apply your moisturizer.
Image Source: Clare Oparo